How to keep your kitchen cool in summer … kitchen helper
Summertime and the living is easy, except if you’re stuck in a hot kitchen trying to prepare meals! Undoubtedly, the warmer months can be a challenge for cooking; indeed in summer it can be positively awful trying to keep your cool with the oven or hotplates on. Lucky for you we’ve got five ideas to help keep your kitchen (and you) cool when the temperature outside heats up.
1. Cook earlier – early morning temperatures are usually a few degrees cooler than later in the day. Take advantage of this by cooking meals in the morning and reheating at dinner time.
2. Barbecue – make the most of the warmer weather and get outside to cook on the barbecue.
3. Slow cooking – although it is traditionally associated with cold-weather cooking, your slow-cooker can also be used to create light summer meals; think chicken drumsticks, jacket potatoes, light Asian-style soups, ribs, and slow-cooked beef or pork turned into tacos,.
4. Salads – embrace raw food by making a delicious salad for dinner. You can add protein like tuna, prawns, or even grab a barbecue chicken to enjoy with it.
5. Love leftovers – keep your eye on the forecast and if there’s hot weather coming, get ahead by making dinner in advance for several nights. A roasted cut of meat can be turned into a salad, tacos, wraps, enchiladas, pasta, sliders, or soup.